Friday, January 16, 2009

The Diva's Details - Part 1



Besides the fact that I just love working on flowers for weddings - one of my favorite aspects of it is the little details that often happen in a flicker of inspiration in my design studio. Surrounded by buckets of blooms and knee deep in greens - there are often little flashes of ahhh and ohhhh even for me and I've been doing this now for 10 years. Sometimes it is the idea sparked by someone's suggestion (hello Mr. Padgett!!) - that the grid of grandpa's prized model be made of flowers, or the setting of a fourth generation ranch that calls for a little leather to be wrapped around the brides bouquet and entwined around silk covered buttons - with the groom's boutonniere to match or kumquats and button mums as the final adornment on individual garden pot cakes - I love it all and this all of this stuff and it is what keeps me jazzed about what I get to do - in addition to keeping me up late at night. Watch for more little details coming soon to this blog spot! Yes - this fabulous wedding happened in that old barn... more on that later. Thank you to the brilliance of Colleen Rosenthal for these images.

No comments: