Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Peacock Tablescape

One of my favorite work activities is creating a tablescape for a dinner party or wedding head table. Coming up with a combination of linens, flowers and elements that create an experience - I just can't get enough of it. The possibilities are truly endless and it just takes one little thing to get me headed down the path of no return.

In this case it was a dinner gathering at our office and studio - and my beloved peacock feathers. When I announced the colors to my mates at the office - there was a slight hush and a look of "OK?! here she goes again". But, the evening of the gathering, once the linens and feathers were in place - they got it.

Bright turquoise chair ties, eggplant napkins and chartreuse linen with elegant golden lace overlay, accented with regal gold candlesticks and urns. I especially liked how there was a "lightness" about this combination - sometimes if you rely on the darker colors, it can come off as really heavy and overdone.

Many thanks to my incredibly talented crew at Mike Larson Inc. for some wonderful photos as always. And, one of our steadfast linen sources BBJ Linen for their donation of our whimsical combinations. You always come through and we love you for it.



No comments: