Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bursting with a Grateful Heart

As I near the end of our 10th wedding season (our last wedding is this weekend), I am overwhelmed with all that has come to my little world in that time.  At this time of year, I feel especially blessed and just want to send this grateful list into the universe with a most thankful, true heart.

  • My partner in life - who encouraged me to set out in my own direction and follow my bliss, who has stuck by me through the thick and thin of being my own boss, and who has been an incredible father to our beloved daughter while I am caught up in wedding fabulosity on the weekends.  You have made my world possible.
  • My Parents - who upon my early declaration to be an artist when I grew up, encouraged me find something I could make a living at.  They always believed in and encouraged my artistic ability, but strongly encouraged some sense of practicality and grounded me in the realities of life.  They are both some of the hardest working people I know - and my sense of "getting things done" comes directory from them. They also recognized my deeply independent nature and allowed me to be who I had to be and find my way.

  • My colleagues in the industry - many have become incredible friends to me and I have come to admire and appreciate them so much.  You continue to make me better and your support means the world to me.
  • Our incredible brides - over 350 brides and mothers of the bride - we've met some incredible people.  Many have stayed in touch.  I love to see many start their own families, business and thrive in life.  It is such an honor to know you for the months before your wedding and to be involved in such a amazing day.
  • Inspiration - it abounds.  It is the elixir that keeps me in love with what I do.  Sometimes it comes from my brides, sometimes from a dream, nature, art, the flower market, a trip or a shred of a creation I've seen somewhere that I can spin to make unique or personal.  I love the process and the possibilities. (pictures are from my biggest inspiration trip ever - Paris!)
  • Opportunity - it's everywhere!  Even when the economy is bleak, I find incredible opportunity for growth, to learn, to be better, to work smarter, to take advantage of what is right in front of me and be creative.
  • Challenge - without it, I would curl up and die.  It is what spurs me on, to the next great thing, to try things a new way and innovate - to solve problems on the spot, to look forward and anticipate. 
  • Color - or Colour, as I know it.  Though I have a difficult time wearing it, I LOVE it - in my hands, on the walls, around me.  It makes me joyful, it helps me breath, see and feel.  It is an energy with its' own frequency.
  • Experience - sadly, it comes with age (which I'm coming to terms with - sort of) - but I definitely rely on it - and even savor it at this point.  I didn't have it when I first ventured out, but it is in fact, the best teacher one could hire.


    No comments: